Bishop
park - birds

Public Notice

City Hall will reopen July 9, 2020; to keep our citizens and employees safe our office will remain closed and only our drive thru window will be open for all city business

Welcome to the City of Bishop, TX

Bishop, Texas is located in southwestern Nueces County.  In 1910 F.Z. Bishop bought a large parcel of land at the site and established the town of Bishop.  In 1923 - 30,000 bales of local cotton were marketed and Bishop was referred to as the "Cotton Capital of the Coast"  and aslo as "Gran Mart of the Coastal Bend."  In 1945 Bishop's biggest boost came in 1945 when the Celanese Corporation of America entered the chemical field with the opening of its Bishop plant, which is located on US HWY 77 Business.  Bishop's population is 3,305 residents and is a community of friends and neighbors located in the heart of south Texas.

Bishop's location, just a short drive from beautiful beaches and Texas hill country, affords residents and visitors excellent opportunities to enjoy some of the most popular tourist attractions in Texas. In addition to being centrally located, Bishop's excellent schools, strong sense of community, and status as a manufacturing leader, all make the city an ideal place to live, visit or do business.

VistaSG
Municipal Web Services

Design by: Kaleidoscopic, Inc.